Quality Engineering InternBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01285013 Date posted 01/16/2019 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- The Collins Aerospace internships are for undergraduates and are one of the cornerstones of the company's high education recruiting strategy.
- Students hired into this program represent our pipeline of talent - our future executives!
- This program provides an opportunity for a short-term, full-time work assignment for students pursuing degree programs directly related to our core business.
- These internship opportunities are starting in the summer 2019.
- The company's goal is to relate employment opportunities to the student's academic studies and enhance the student's academic training, practical experience, professional growth, and personal development.
- Collins Aerospace is looking for qualified interns to join our Quality team.
- In this assignment, the interns will implement and assist with the key initiatives of Quality organization.
Education/Certifications: Pursing a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Data Analytics / Administration, Computer Science, and Engineering from a accredited institution.
- Must be pursing a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Data Analytics / Administration, Computer Science, and Engineering from a accredited institution.
- Must have GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated customer service mindset; proactive in meeting business and customer needs
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication & teamwork
- Detail-oriented and conscientious
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.